September 12, 2020 (rain date Sept 13)
Porch Host FAQ
- Do I need to own my property to sign up as a porch owner?
- Yes, private property only, please, for liability reasons.
- How long will the performance be on my porch?
- We’re limiting performances to 2 hours, although last year half the performance were shorter. If you are being assigned performers, you may have multiple performers filling the entire 2 hours or you may have just one lasting 30 minutes.
- Do I need to live in Belmont to be a host?
- The property must be in Belmont, the registering property owner can live anywhere.
- Do I have to find performers to play on my porch?
- Not at all. Performers can be assigned to your porch.
- I’m a performer! Can I play on my own porch?
- That would be awesome! Register your porch first and then select it when you register as a performer! You can also tell any friends you want to play on your porch to select your porch as long as your total performance time is 2 hours or less.
- How will I know who will be playing on my porch?
- Once the registration is closed and all the performers and porches have been matched, we’ll contact you to let you know who will be performing on your porch and connect you with them directly so logistics for the day can be worked out. Expect to hear from us around mid-August.
- Do I have to provide water, refreshments, food?
- Any provisions you provide is up to you!
- Do I provide parking for the performers?
- No, but it would help if you arrange with the performers where they can park temporarily to drop off equipment.
- How will folks know that my porch is hosting performances?
- Our website will have a map a schedule. We’ll be setting up a lawn sign in your yard, weeks before Porchfest. We’re counting on you to help promote the event as well!
- Can I decorate? Can my kids set up a lemonade stand?
- Absolutely! Make your porch festive or do nothing all. We just ask that you don’t block the sidewalks.