September 8, 2018 (rain date Sept 9th)
Porch Host FAQ
- What is Porchfest?
- Belmont’s Porchfest is a celebration of community through music and arts performed by your friends and neighbors (and maybe even you) on porches throughout Belmont. Walk to a neighbor’s house to hear a Klezmer band or host a circus show on your front lawn.
- How long will the performance be on my porch?
- We’re limiting performances to 2 hours, although most will be shorter. You may have multiple performers filling the entire 2 hours or you may have just one lasting 30 minutes.
- Do I need to own my property to sign up as a porch owner?
- Yes, private property only, please, for liability reasons.
- Do I have to find performers to play on my porch?
- Not at all. Performers will be assigned to your porch. You can select 1 performer (if they've already signed up) and we give them priority for assigning them to your porch.
- I’m a performer! Can I play on my own porch?
- That would be awesome! Sign up as a performer and then select your performer name as you sign up your porch!
- How will I know who will be playing on my porch?
- Once sign-up is complete, we’ll be contacting you to let you know who will be performing on your porch and connect you with them directly so logistics for the day can be worked out.
- Do I have to provide water, refreshments, food?
- Water would be great, but we’re asking performers to bring their own. Any other provisions you provide is up to you!
- Do I provide parking for the performers?
- No, but it would help if you arrange with the performers where they can park temporarily to drop off equipment.
- How will folks know that my porch is hosting performances on September 8, 2018*?
- We’ll be providing lots of information on our website, including maps with a schedule for September 8th. We’ll be setting up a lawn sign in your yard, weeks before Porchfest. We’re counting on you to help promote the event as well!
- I have other questions, who do I contact?
- Please email us at Belmont.Porchfest@gmail.com
*Raindate September 9, 2018