September 7, 2019 (rain date Sept 8th)
- What kind of groups can perform?
- Singer/Songwriters, Bands, Dancers, Drama Acts, Circus Acts, Comedians, Painters and more. Just keep in mind that your audience may have toddlers.
- Do I need to be from Belmont to perform?
- Will I be paid?
- Porchfest is free! Our goal is that we will all walk away from this event enriched in a different way.
- Can Performers sell merchandise?
- Sales are not permitted, but performer merchandise can be made available with a suggested donation with the host’s permission.
- How long should I play for?
- Sign up to play for 30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes. Factor in the time you will need for set up and breakdown. If you need a lot of time for set up and breakdown, please let us know on the registration form.
- How loud can I play?
- Performances can be acoustic or amplified, just be cognizant of your surroundings. The goal is to be heard to the sidewalk, but not down the street. There will be other performers nearby, (and a few sleeping babies!), so please be respectful.
- Should I bring my own water or other refreshments?
- Yes. We will have water jugs to replenish water bottles at the map tables and at least one vendor at the grand finale.
- Should I bring my own equipment?
- Absolutely! Organizers and hosts will not provide equipment. Hosts may provide electrical outlets. You’ll need to talk logistics with hosts before the performance date. The organizers will be sure to put you in touch!
- Will I be performing on a porch?
- Possibly. Any outdoor, ground level, residential or park space without access to a pool or other bodies of water could be your stage.
- How will I know where I’m performing?
- Once the registration is closed and all the performers and porches have been matched, we’ll contact you to let you know where you will be performing and connect you with the porch host directly so logistics for the day can be worked out. Expect to hear from us around mid-August.
- Who will advertise my performance?
- Providing links to your web or FB page will help us get the word out. We’ll request hosts promote performances to neighbors, friends, and coworkers. You should do the same. Anything you can do to promote your performance is recommended!
- What about parking?
- Parking may be difficult, depending on the porch location. Arrive early and be prepared to walk. You can drop equipment, but depending on where the porch is located, you may need to park elsewhere.
- The performance or performer Is promoting a non-performance-based agenda.
The performance is affiliated with a non-performance-based organization.
- Belmont Porchfest hopes never to reject a registration but reserves that right.